Special Needs Dentistry
We understand the unique needs of patients and we have the ability to accommodate those needs
Our Practice delivers outstanding oral health services to patients with special needs and specializes in caring for individuals with intellectual and development disabilities.
We are proud of our reputation as a dental home for patients with special needs. We believe all individuals deserve the same standards of oral health care, which is why our dedicated staff are trained to safely manage cases that are not typical to general dentistry.
Our skilled team of professionals makes everything we do possible. Their compassion, patience and commitment drives our success and guides us toward our goal of broadening access to quality dental care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
What we can offer patients with special needs:
- We provide the option of sedation dentistry, whereby sedative drugs are administered orally or intravenously to help patients relax
- We offer free desensitization appointments for patients, and consultation appointments for caregivers and family members
- We have a hoyer-lift to transfer patients with mobility difficulties into the dental chair
- We provide additional staff to meet patient requirements
- We deliver person-centered services, empowering and educating each of our patients to take control of their oral health
The above videos were produced by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities at our facility
Would you like to know more about us or schedule an appointment? Click here to contact us and we’ll be in touch!